Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Tea Party




A while ago I promised to host a virtual Tea Party for all my Blog Friends.
I think it is a good day to do it today. It seems that all of America is celebrating the results of the elections. I am not into politics, and the most support our president got from my almost 5 year old son, who seemed to genuinely care about the process and kept me updated.

So on this slightly chilly New York morning, I would like to offer a cup of warm tea to all the ones that stop by my blog today. Sit down and grab a cup that you like the best. You can also pick the teapot you like...I personally prefer green tea with jasmine, but I also have some chamomile tea, and black tea with strawberry jam. All of them are freshly brewed and ready to be enjoyed.


I personally adore the pottery by the MonsterOpMaat, this cup resembles one of the animations that I had here--worms and love:)


And one day when I am rich and famous I will get myself one of these

In our Slavic tradition, tea is a symbol of being hospitable. Tea is offered to anyone who stops by your house. For more than 250 years, the samovar has occupied an honoured place in Russian homes as the centrepiece of the table, around which life revolved. It remains most stable attribute of domestic coziness. Step by step a peculiar ritual of tea-drinking emerged and was adopted in every Russian homes. Drinking tea from the samovar was a way of life. I need one of those as well, told you I can not be a snail:)
Here in US, tea is viewed more like a "girly" thing. Little girls traditionally have tea parties, and until recently I did not realize it. My little girl is growing up with a mix of the two, she has tea parties with our cat when the boys are away and I am doing my computer work. So please, join in!

16 comments:

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Yay for tea parties! My 2 year-old son loves to have tea parties.

Kim said...

**Raises hand**
I own a Samovar!
Our relations in the Ukraine sent it as a wedding gift!! :)

Christina Silverio said...

I think I'll partake of some wonderful black tea and strawberry jam! I brought along my white porcelain tea cup with pansies painted on it. I never get to use it, so this is the perfect excuse! ;)
Cheers, my dear, on this wonderfully chilly morning. :)

artmixter said...

I haven't had black tea with strawberry jam since I spent time in Moscow, and that was a looong time ago. Thanks for reminding me. Though you can't get the right jam for tea here, really...sigh.

Tessa said...

Mmmmm, black tea with strawberry jam - never tried that, so I'd love some, please. I'll raise my teacup and wish you all peace and prosperity on this, the new dawn of a new day! Thank you, Victoria, for the invitation. (Oooh, I love that swirly, whirly mad teapot and cup!)

Vita said...

cheers ladies!
I am happy to have you all over:)
the stawberry jam you can get in Brooklyn:) and I can assure you, it is not worse than the one in Moscow:))))

tusen said...

I'd love a tea party, so I hope I can feel invited, too? I'd like to try black tea with strawberry jam, please.
Beautiful watercolour. I love the colours and the eyes are amazing.

Jennifer Rose said...

are there cookies? :) I love tea, with lots of sugar lol I don't think I have ever been to a tea party lol

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Beautiful party! Thanks for having us!

Michelle said...

That tea set you want one day is amazing and glorious!

Unknown said...

very cute!

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

hope I'm not too late to join the party... I'll bring honey for the tea.. and my babushka's mini samovar...

Rima Staines said...

Wow thanks very much for the cuppa Vita... I'd choose the samovar, but with some English tea :)
Lovely pics of Anna with the cat and tea :)
And I love that painting! I am envious of your freeness with brush and line... such a beautiful result :)
We already have two copper kettles for our snail shell!
x

Vita said...

Thank you everyone for stopping by!
I enjoyed seeing every single one of you:) Sending you all the smell of the autumn leaves from our park just outside and some good virtual jar of NY strawbery jam:)

Automaton said...

I might want to buy that cup myself, http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15028121 while I'm not yet poor.

Vita said...

alex--LOL
something you definitly need while you study your phisics:)
plus it probably holds lots of cofee:)))

 

blogger templates