Monday, May 24, 2010

Movie Monday 73



And one of the viewers on youtube kindly translated and posted the text, so I am going to copy and paste it.
0:30 I have a strange feeling. Who is this? It is like we have known each other for years and she knows everything about me, my childhood, my present life, and about what will happen to me. As if she has been always watching me, being somewhere beside me, even though I saw her for the first time. I realized: she is my wife.

3:22 However I had a feeling that, if I stayed in Vitebsk any longer, fur and moss would cover me. Farewell, Vitebsk! Stay with your herrings, my countrymen!

4:10 I had to leave my native land, but in my paintings I have been always true to that land. Why in Russia I have always been a fifth wheel in a cart? Why does everything I do seem strange to Russians and everything they do seem contrived to me? Well, why? I cannot talk about this anymore. I love Russia too much.

5 comments:

Doris Redrupp said...

Chagalls´s wonderful pictures come to live!
Beautiful.
Thank you for posting that.

Rima Staines said...

Wow! Chagal animated! And with all my favourite music! :) Thanks Vita - you youtube-finder extraordinaire!

rossichka said...

Oh, how strange, Vita! I was completely astounded when I heard in the film the music of a very famous folk song from southwestern Bulgaria, that I know and love to sing! It is called "Yovano, Yovanke" and is telling about a young man who is waiting in vain for his beloved Yovana [jo'vana]to come. The music begins in the 1.36 minute... You can hear the song here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOcNV4n8RFU. It's well known also in Macedonia...
The other surprise in this wonderful, magical animation was the man walking in the big colourful bird - I had a similar personage in my puppet musical "To Fly with Mary Poppins" some years ago! When I find the photo, I'll send it to you!

Vita said...

thank you ladies for commenting. I am never sure which animation will click with me and hence with any of you:)
Rossichka--I really enjoyed seeing this music in dance. It is beautiful!

Melissa (Melgurl) said...

How colorful.

 

blogger templates