Friday, August 29, 2008

Illustration Friday: Memories


Everything is dark outside, the world is full of strange and magical creatures that live in the shadows. I look out the window, I am half scared to look, yet curious..

Also coming back home, from somewhere, and seeing the lighted windows was the most wonderful memory. I loved coming back home, I loved knowing that Grandma was waiting for me with a cup of milk and bread and jam. This image is the compilation of the two memories, the warm windows and the magic outside.

17 comments:

red-handed said...

Lovely.

Willie Baronet said...

Love the texture of this! Well done Victoria. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and textures! Lovely illustration and great blog!

Vita said...

thank you all:) that image is one of my all time favorites, and that does not happen often:)

studio lolo said...

I love your memories and your painting captures it so well. Lovely work!

Juan said...

Very nice work. Beautiful

Connie said...

Beautiful, mood filled image. I would like to go there.

krisztina maros said...

your wonderful painting has taken me to my childhood - i think, every children like to fantasize in the window. i love your other artworks too. (are you really from Ukraina? i have some kins there...)

Roberta said...

wonderful feeling! Great colors.

INDIGENE said...

The composition is lovely and I love the mood set by the color combination.

www.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a wonderful memory to look back upon - love the fish swimming by the trees

Solvere volo said...

Great texture and colors

Rima Staines said...

I really love this one. You evoke that feeling perfectly.
I am so glad you decided to start a blog!

Vita said...

thank you all:)
Memory is one of the most wonderful gadgets we have;)

Anonymous said...

I remember those days. Thank you for illustration it is wonderful.

Tammie Lee said...

wonderful memories, charming art!

kathy hare said...

beautiful..

 

blogger templates