Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Red makes it all come together


When I was little and drew I used to think that until I use red somewhere in the picture it does not come alive. Red was my magic color that was used very scarcely and was always the final touch in the drawing. I remember thinking where exactly do I want the color to appear and felt like I had the magic wand in the hand when I took the red pencil.
Red is still a very special color for me. I love it and I hate it. I can never wear red, and I try not to use it a lot in my work. But I save it for the most special places in the painting--like the hat, or the shoes:)
And yet another example of that is this watercolor. Will be in my shop later this evening, hope it finds a good home.

8 comments:

Xovika said...

Sweeet! Lovely gathering!

mika said...

red is a wonderful color...I like it in paintings and illustration...and this one is really lovely...

http://mikalab.blogsite.org

Vita said...

thank you dears!

Shirley said...

Wonderful piece! The red just pops - and yes, I agree..I can't wear it either, but I just love it as that hit of contrast. I really like your "wrapped" piece too!

lil kim said...

very sweet - i agree about the red.

linda said...

Red is definitely a power color! Energy, vibrance, LOVE! ...so many meanings...love your illos!

Ruthie Redden said...

red does indeed bring a picture to life, i do love red, it is a magical colour - the red apple, red roses, christmas red, red hearted valentines, but i could not wear it either having red hair!

sandra.d. said...

beautiful work and story victoria! ;]

 

blogger templates