Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Playing with 3D




As summer goes along and I am homeschooling through it, I make sure that on daily basis the kids have a "creative time". We have been into flat modeling lately, and are thinking about making a short animation with those. The beeswax based plastalina has been very good --not greasy and easy on little hands to get soft. The murmaid is by Anna and the Izbushka (Hut on chicken legs a traditional habitat of Baba Yaga is by Andrei)
Learning to take good photographs is a skill that I have yet to learn. My Photography 101 back in college 9 years ago left only a slight trace in my brain, but it is all slowly coming back to me.

I am having tons of fun with the Kokeshi dolls that I am making now, as well as several Matreshkas. Not sure if they will be a popular item, but they are extremely interesting to make. Puting an image onto a 3D object changes the perception a lot.
What do you think of this one?

No comments:

 

blogger templates