Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sketches in the book, sketches in the mind


It has been a long winter here!
Long in many senses...and i am very tired of the cold, and of many layers of clothes one has to put on to go outside, and even worse to put all those layer on the kids (each outing becomes this huge THING that needs to be done). Tired of the heat in the apartment --our building know no such thing as moderate heating--it is either freezing cold, or burning hot. Mostly burning hot during the winter. Tired of the dark in the evenings, and of not seeing the Ocean.

On the happy side I am loving staying home with the kids. I love how Andrei is blossoming as a student, I love seeing him become smarter day by day. I love seeing Anna copying everything after him and making wonderful progress herself. (I do believe she will be a good Artist some day)

After a dry spell in creativity for a week or two, I took my old sketchbooks out and looked through them. It always helps, old ideas are reborn and new ones are being born.

Here are a few thing I found. These will make their way into my Etsy shop very soon, so make them feel welcome;)

5 comments:

Beadin By The Sea said...

Welcome drawings! You have such a cute whimsical style, perfect for illustrating children's books. Glad to hear your dry spell is over, those are no fun!

Vita said...

Thank you dear! I am glad it is over too....It can be worse than PMS:)

rossichka said...

Dear Vita,
I think one can't be creative all the time, at all costs, by all means. And shouldn't be. Life offers new situations, unexpected problems or difficult periods you have to pass through, so sometimes there's simply no place and time for inspiration...
But keeping your sketches is a good idea. They can provoke you anytime you are ready for and give you a zest for art... I'm waiting quietly and patiently for your next pieces of art!:)

Vita said...

Rossichka--I agree. Sometimes one needs a break, and it can be a time to read, watch more movies and simply soak the life in, just to come back with a new take some time after. But still, I enjoy the creative periods much much more.

Yulechka said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE them....especially your fish - I miss whimsical fish....

 

blogger templates